Mission & Purpose
Our mission is to enable all young people, especially those who need us the most, to reach their full potential as productive, caring and responsible citizens.
This organization was established in 1995 and is governed by a Board of Directors. It is operated by trained full-time professionals and supplemented by part-time professionals and volunteers who are here to ensure a positive experience in a fun and safe environment.
- Provide the youth in our community a safe environment and have a significant impact on their lives
- Uphold high ethical standards in all areas, especially in overseeing our finances, collecting membership and participation data, being good stewards of the donor dollar and representing ourselves to the public
- A safe place to learn and grow. Child safety is our #1 priority. All staff and volunteers undergo criminal background checks and mandatory abuse and neglect training.
- Ongoing relationships with caring, adult professionals. Mentoring is one way we achieve this.
- Life-enhancing programs and character development experiences. Programming is continually being improved to assist our members develop and grow.
Meet The Team
Sandra comes to the Club with over 20 years nonprofit experience ranging from corporate and foundation relations, donor research, grant writing, annual fund and capital campaigns. Most recently, Sandra was Director of Organizational Sustainability at a local social enterprise, focusing on board development, strategic plan implementation, fund raising, marketing, and program development. (photo: Macson McGuigan)
Director of Finance
Melissa worked in Administration for Marshall's Distribution Center in Bridgewater for 25 years. She came to BGCHR in 2008 and has served in her current role since 2010.
Director of Development
Greg is a "Club Kid" having attended the Boys and Girls Club of Oakridge Tennessee as a youth. Greg served as an active duty member of 82th airborne for four years, before attending Middle Tennesee State University. For the last 20 years Greg resided in Florida and was a top executive in Ocean Reef Club.
Director of Operations
Matt is a graduate of West Virginia University and a graduate of the Boys & Girls Club of America’s Advanced Leadership Program. For the last 12 years Matt has worked in the youth development field. He spent 8 of those years as the Unit Director and Rural Outreach Director for the Boys & Girls Club of Washington County, Maryland. He has also served as Director of Operations at Fort Ritchie Community Center and for the past two and a half years, he has served as the Extended Learning Coordinator at Fulks Run Elementary School.
- Doug Driver - President, Board Member since 2015
- Athena Hess – Treasurer, Board Member since 2013
- Andy Huggins - Board Member since 1995
- Jessica Johnson - Board Member since 2013
- Doug Light - Board Member since 2015
- Andrew Ansoorian
- Ed Chappell
- Donald Donkle Jr.
- Art Hamilton
- Terra Jones
- Maria Lugo
- Bob Reifsteck
- Katie Robinson-Montgomery
- John Salem
- Adrian Taylor
- Christine Van Pelt
- Emily Young