Mission & Purpose
Our mission is to enable all young people, especially those who need us the most, to reach their full potential as productive, caring and responsible citizens.
This organization was established in 1994 and is governed by a Board of Directors. It is operated by trained full-time professionals and supplemented by part-time professionals and volunteers who are here to ensure a positive experience in a fun and safe environment.
- Provide the youth in our community a safe environment and have a significant impact on their lives
- Uphold high ethical standards in all areas, especially in overseeing our finances, collecting membership and participation data, being good stewards of the donor dollar and representing ourselves to the public
- A safe place to learn and grow
- Ongoing relationships with caring, adult professionals
- Life-enhancing programs and character development experiences
Meet The Team
Lori joined BGHCR as a board member in 2011 and became CEO in October of 2015. Lori has over 30 years of experience in education, having served as a special education teacher, school counselor, and school leader.
Director of Finance
Melissa worked in Administration for Marshall's Distribution Center in Bridgewater for 25 years. She came to BGCHR in 2008 and has served in her current role since 2010.
Director of Operations
Geo moved to Virginia from El Salvador, as a child. He became involved with BGCHR through soccer when he was in middle school. Geo has been with BGCHR as a member and employee for over 20 years.
Grants and Compliance Coordinator
Wendi has been with BGCHR for over 10 years, having joined the team in May of 2007. Wendi has served in many roles including Assistant Unit Director, Unit Director and Grants and Compliance Coordinator.
- Lori Kizner - Executive Director
- Doug Driver - President, Board Member since 2015
- Athena Hess – Treasurer, Board Member since 2013
- Josh Mason - Secretary, Board Member since 2016
- Jessica Johnson - Board Member since 2013
- Andy Huggins - Board Member since 1995
- Doug Light - Board Member since 2015
- David Burchfield - Board Member since 2017
- Bob Reifsteck - Past President, Board Member since 2011
- Ed Chappell, Board Member since 2012
- Katie Robinson-Montgomery, Board Member since 2015
- John Salem, Board Member since 1998
- Kate Dougherty, Board Member since 2017
- Andrew Ansoorian, Board Member since 2017
- Ivan Guadarrama, Board Member since 2017
- Shawn Reynolds, Board Member since 2017
- Maria Lugo, Board Member since 2017
- Art Hamilton, Board Member since 2017
- Emily Young, Board Member since 2017