Mission & Purpose
Our mission is to enable all young people, especially those who need us the most, to reach their full potential as productive, caring and responsible citizens.
This organization was established in 1994 and is governed by a Board of Directors. It is operated by trained full-time professionals and supplemented by part-time professionals and volunteers who are here to ensure a positive experience in a fun and safe environment.
- Provide the youth in our community a safe environment and have a significant impact on their lives
- Uphold high ethical standards in all areas, especially in overseeing our finances, collecting membership and participation data, being good stewards of the donor dollar and representing ourselves to the public
- A safe place to learn and grow
- Ongoing relationships with caring, adult professionals
- Life-enhancing programs and character development experiences
Meet The Team
Director of Finance
Melissa worked in Administration for Marshall's Distribution Center in Bridgewater for 25 years. She came to BGCHR in 2008 and has served in her current role since 2010.
Director of Development
(Interim Executive Director)
Greg is a "Club Kid" having attended the Boys and Girls Club of Oakridge Tennessee as a youth. Greg served as an active duty member of 82th airborne for four years, before attending Middle Tennesee State University. For the last 20 years Greg resided in Florida and was a top executive in Ocean Reef Club.
Director of Operations
Matt is a graduate of West Virginia University and a graduate of the Boys & Girls Club of America’s Advanced Leadership Program. For the last 12 years Matt has worked in the youth development field. He spent 8 of those years as the Unit Director and Rural Outreach Director for the Boys & Girls Club of Washington County, Maryland. He has also served as Director of Operations at Fort Ritchie Community Center and for the past two and a half years, he has served as the Extended Learning Coordinator at Fulks Run Elementary School.
- Doug Driver - President, Board Member since 2015
- Athena Hess – Treasurer, Board Member since 2013
- David Burchfield - Board Member since 2017
- Andy Huggins - Board Member since 1995
- Jessica Johnson - Board Member since 2013
- Doug Light - Board Member since 2015
- Andrew Ansoorian, Board Member since 2017
- Ed Chappell, Board Member since 2012
- Donald Donkle Jr., Board Member since 2018
- Ivan Guadarrama, Board Member since 2017
- Art Hamilton, Board Member since 2017
- Terra Jones, Board Member since 2019
- Maria Lugo, Board Member since 2017
- Bob Reifsteck - Past President, Board Member since 2011
- Shawn Reynolds, Board Member since 2017
- Katie Robinson-Montgomery, Board Member since 2015
- John Salem, Board Member since 1998
- Adrian Taylor, Board Member since 2019
- Christine Van Pelt, Board Member since 2018
- Emily Young, Board Member since 2017