Mission & Purpose
Our mission is to enable all young people, especially those who need us the most, to reach their full potential as productive, caring and responsible citizens.
This organization was established in 1994 and is governed by a Board of Directors. It is operated by trained full-time professionals and supplemented by part-time professionals and volunteers who are here to ensure a positive experience in a fun and safe environment.
- Provide the youth in our community a safe environment and have a significant impact on their lives
- Uphold high ethical standards in all areas, especially in overseeing our finances, collecting membership and participation data, being good stewards of the donor dollar and representing ourselves to the public
- A safe place to learn and grow
- Ongoing relationships with caring, adult professionals
- Life-enhancing programs and character development experiences
Meet The Team
Lori joined BGHCR as a board member in 2011 and became CEO in October of 2015. Lori has over 30 years of experience in education, having served as a special education teacher, school counselor, and school leader.
Director of Finance
Melissa worked in Administration for Marshall's Distribution Center in Bridgewater for 25 years. She came to BGCHR in 2008 and has served in her current role since 2010.
Director of Development
Greg is a "Club Kid" having attended the Boys and Girls Club of Oakridge Tennessee as a youth. Greg served as an active duty member of 82th airborne for four years, before attending Middle Tennesee State University. For the last 20 years Greg resided in Florida and was a top executive in Ocean Reef Club.
- Doug Driver - President, Board Member since 2015
- Lori Kizner - Executive Director
- Athena Hess – Treasurer, Board Member since 2013
- David Burchfield - Board Member since 2017
- Andy Huggins - Board Member since 1995
- Jessica Johnson - Board Member since 2013
- Doug Light - Board Member since 2015
- Andrew Ansoorian, Board Member since 2017
- Ed Chappell, Board Member since 2012
- Donald Donkle Jr., Board Member since 2018
- Ivan Guadarrama, Board Member since 2017
- Art Hamilton, Board Member since 2017
- Terra Jones, Board Member since 2019
- Maria Lugo, Board Member since 2017
- Bob Reifsteck - Past President, Board Member since 2011
- Shawn Reynolds, Board Member since 2017
- Katie Robinson-Montgomery, Board Member since 2015
- John Salem, Board Member since 1998
- Adrian Taylor, Board Member since 2019
- Christine Van Pelt, Board Member since 2018
- Emily Young, Board Member since 2017