Meet our Executive Director
Lori joined the Board of Directors in Fall of 2011 and became Executive Director in October 2015. She has a Bachelors Degree in Social Work from SUNY Stony Brook, Masters of Arts in Counseling from JMU and Masters of Science in Educational Leadership from Radford University.
For Harrisonburg and Rockingham County kids in grades K-12, BGCHR provides a positive, constructive bridge between the end of the school day and the parents’ arrival home from work. For the kids we serve, this means that they are in a protected, constructive environment during the high-risk hours of 3-8 p.m. During those hours, our top-notch staff of well-trained professionals and volunteers provide kids:
- An educational enhancement focus through homework help and tutoring
- A sense of belonging in a setting where young people know they “fit” and are accepted
- A sense of usefulness through opportunities to do something of value for others
- A sense of power or influence through opportunities for them to be heard and to influence decisions
- A sense of competence by instilling the feeling that they have something of value to offer others
The Clubs are managed by a full-time Executive Director and governed by a volunteer board of directors comprised of local residents. We employ a full-time professional staff, supported by part-time workers and dedicated volunteers. These leaders serve as positive role models for our members and help create a warm and friendly environment where children feel safe, welcome and wanted.
Melissa Cave, Finance Director email@example.com
Geo Bonilla, Director of Operations firstname.lastname@example.org
Wendi Ankrom, Grants Coordinator email@example.com