I. Youth Development Professional
Assists in providing diverse daily age-appropriate programs, and services in a safe and caring environment where members can learn and grow positively by participating in various activities that meet identified interests and needs of all youth, are consistent with the licensing standards and aligned with the organization’s youth development mission and goals.
KEY ROLES (Essential Job Responsibilities):
- Collaborates with Youth Development Program Leaders to plan, implement, and evaluate summer and before- and after-school programs that are enriching, creative, well-balanced, comprehensive, developmentally appropriate and fun for school-age youth. Program curriculums and/or lesson plans cover but are not limited to, one or more of the five core areas: Education, Character and Leadership, Sports, Fitness and Recreation, the Arts, and Health and Life Skills.
2. Serves as a role model and mentor to members, making a positive affect on the life of each member by leading, supporting, and tutoring them in continuous learning; nurtures positive development, decision making, responsibility, citizenship and leadership in youth; is sensitive to their individual abilities and needs; and encourages, motivates and inspires them to develop their self esteem, strengthen their academic, physical, and interpersonal skills, and grow in all areas.
- Assists in establishing a program setting that insures the health and safety of program members by observing necessary precautions and maintaining an uncluttered, clean environment in keeping with BGCHR rules and policies and licensing standards. Insures areas are cleaned and sanitized after use and inspects assigned facilities/equipment for repairs and maintenance and files reports with the Unit Program Director.
- Assists in guiding and supervising all members of the Club according to state licensing standards to ensure the safety and well-being of all children.
- Develops positive, productive relationships with members, assisting program leaders in providing fun and rewarding Club experiences and opportunities that promote the creation of an overall fun Club climate that facilitates the achievement of positive youth development outcomes.
6. Coaches and disciplines members; ensures all members understand expectations and takes proper steps to correct and improve behavior; enforces rules and regulations and applies appropriate disciplinary measures as needed.
II. Director of Development
Boys & Girls Club of BGCHR mission:
Our mission is to inspire and enable all young people, especially those who need us most, to realize their full potential as productive, responsible and caring citizens.
Are you a natural born storyteller who can share our mission with investors?
Role Purpose and Summary
The Director of Development works with the Executive Director and the Board of Directors to plan and execute resource development strategies and monitor progress against goals.
- Active participation in the development and implementation of a Resource Development plan with the Executive Director and the Resource Development Committee of the Board of Directors. Review and update the plan at least annually.
- Develop strategic partnerships with corporations, businesses and individuals in the Club’s service area.
- Provide leadership in the area of resource development to the Board of Directors and Resource Development Committee.
- Develop appeal letters, thank you letters, and agency information correspondence to investors and supporters.
- Identify and cultivate major individual donors and direct their solicitations.
- Direct efforts to design a program to identify, cultivate, and solicit investments from major individual, corporate and foundation prospects.
- Engage in all fundraising events/activities.
- Plan solicitation strategies with the Executive Director to meet budgeted annual giving targets.
- Develop, maintain and increase the donor database to promote major cultivation and solicitation.
- Other duties as assigned.
Internal: Maintain contact with Board of Directors, Executive Director and other staff.
External: Maintain contact with potential and current investors, corporate and businesses partners, public relations and marketing professionals and community groups.
Skills and knowledge required
· College Degree preferred or equivalent experience
· Resource and business development experience in areas of donor relations, gift solicitations, grant writing, and annual fundraising campaigns.
· Public relations and marketing expertise.
· Proven ability to raise money and meet agreed-upon financial targets.
· Ability to create and be part of a team.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
· Budgeting and computer skills, including knowledge of database operations and spreadsheet software.
· Social media skills